Sunday, September 6, 2009

LOA + Trust = Results

Recently, I was listening to one of my favorite Law of Attraction Talk Radio podcasts, when I heard about a three-day workshop cruise from San Diego, CA to Ensenada, in Baja California.

My ears immediately perked up when I heard “San Diego,” since I’m such a fan of the city and have a goal of living there some day. Plus, I’ve always wanted to go on a cruise, and LOVE immersing myself in workshop vacations. The idea of surrounding myself with transformative information and like-minded people was a huge rush in the midst of my current stage of self-work.

Unfortunately, a couple seconds later, the crush of “reality” set in as I remembered that I do not have a full-time job to pay for airfare and a cruise ... can you say “buzz kill?”

I heard ads for the cruise several times after that, and each time, I would get pangs of disappointment at the thought of not being able to enjoy it. Yet, just for the hell of it, I would still try to picture myself doing it because it made me feel better ... I imagined what it would be like to be on the boat, and I remembered how much I felt “in the zone” of creation when I went on a similar trip almost 10 years ago. Imagining felt good, at least.

In the meantime, life went on, and I decided to use the boost of momentum from this to focus some loosely structured attention on getting myself to San Diego in the long run. I pulled out old photos and a city map, and kept it on my desk, intent on re-acquainting myself with the city streets, so I could more accurately “feel” what it’s like to be there. It’s funny how you start putting your attention on something, and soon you see it everywhere --- references to the city would pop up on television, the radio, Internet sites, and an old high school friend who lives there now even found me on Facebook!

And speaking of Facebook, soon after, I connected with the host of the podcast as a friend. In a message exchange with her, I mentioned that I enjoy the show, and love the idea of the cruise, although I do not think it’s a possibility for me right now. After I hit “send” on the message, I immediately got a flash of inspiration that said “ask her if they need any volunteers on the cruise.”

Without hesitation or anything to lose except pride, I sent her a back-to-back email asking this, and a link to my online resume/Web site, showcasing my skills. Less than an hour later, I received an e-mail telling me that she would cover the cost of the cruise in exchange for some editorial services and volunteer time at the registration table! WOW! I was on the cruise!

But, it didn’t stop there. I had to get to San Diego from Detroit, which can be pretty pricey. I figured if I were patient and looked hard enough, I’d come up with something in the $400 airfare range. I asked the Universe to help me out, and let it go, and wouldn’t you know it, my significant other found roundtrip airfare for under $200! Unheard of! Plus, he covered the cost for me as an early birthday gift!

So far, the cost of this wish: $0. Who says you can’t create your own reality?

Dr. Wayne Dyer, Abraham, and a host of others throughout history have long taught that what you put your focus on, expands.

This is why it is so important to keep the focus positive --- it’s not effective to focus on what you do not want to have happen --- you will only draw more of what you do not want. So, thinking about what you would like to have and feeling the joy that having it gives you as if it has already arrived will draw the situation or state of being to you like a magnet, just as people with similar attitudes are drawn to one another’s company.

In a sheer display of the Universe's sense of humor, right before I e-mailed the host of the podcast about the cruise, I read a quote by Dr. Dyer on Facebook and and reposted it to my Facebook status. It read: "If your ship doesn't come in, swim out to it."

Duly noted.

Used correctly, master manifestors claim there’s probably no limit to the situations you can attract into your life...

Stay tuned, I’ll let you know!

No comments:

Post a Comment